One of the main reason business owners fail to achieve success on the internet when promoting their website, is due to the fact they do not understand how to drive qualified traffic to their website. Driving targeted search engine traffic is one way to achieve higher conversion rates. Of course you can use a PPC (pay-per-click) strategy to drive qualified traffic to your website, however it requires an ongoing investment and the competition is stiff. But in cases where you do not want to spend a lot of money, there are free ways through which you can easily improve your search rank in Google.
1) Choose a good domain name – Keywords are important, even when it comes to domain names. When registering a domain name, make sure you have a keyword in it. This could help in improving your search engine rankings.
2) Choose keywords properly – Search engine optimization is an excellent way to get noticed. Keywords should be chosen properly in order to get a higher ranking for your website in Google search engine. Make sure that keywords appear in the content of your website. If you do not put them in, it would seem as spam content when Google crawler discovers such keywords on the Meta Tags section, but absent on the content itself. Make sure that you use keywords in the beginning and the end of your content.
3) Write good content- This is the most important part if you want to drive free traffic from Google. Content should be genuine, exclusive, and high quality. Quality content is one that is grammatically correct, punctuations are well placed and keywords are not stuffed. Make sure you use only two to three percent keywords in your content. Moreover, keywords should also be relevant to your content. There are many different ways to find the best keywords to use. You can use Google trends or use software which provides you a list of keywords for a certain topic.
4) Building Back links – This is the best way to drive traffic. By building back links on top sites, you have a chance to virtually double the number of people that visit your website. The number of links you have going out of your site will determine how high you rank on search engines. While linking to external sites, make it an anchor link that utilizes your primary keyword that you are targeting to link back to your site. Anchor links work better than just your simple website links. There are so many sites with a high quality public relations system. Even some of the social bookmarking sites have a very high quality public relations system and they are perfect for building a quality linking system.
5) Building external links – Search for top web 2.0 sites like blogger, wetpaint, and submit your content. Building more back links to your website is extremely necessary. Use an anchor link within the content which links back to your website. This will surely bring more traffic to your website.